Old 07-08-2007, 02:22 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

"szilagyic" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just came across this information on preventing and killing emerald
ash borers. I live in Michigan and we are getting infested all over
in our area. Trees are dying everywhere and our local municipalities
are destroying ash trees which isn't doing a thing except making areas
look like wastelands.

Finally we found a tree in our yard that seems to be getting infested
now. After some talking around and doing some online research, I have
found there might be hope to prevent these borers from killing more
trees. Although it could be expensive depending on your situation,
there is a product out there called "Bayer Advanced GardenT Tree and
Shrub Insect Control" that has been proven effective on killing/
preventing ash borers. Best of all, it's simple to use. Just mix &
pour around the base of the tree and you're done for 12 months.

See this PDF for further info:

http://www.emeraldashborer.info/files/E2955.pdf

--
Chris