Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

I was thinking about a question you posed a few days ago about Micro
nutrients.

We used a local product called green sand and have also used granite
dust. We my Dad and I think of these as long term feeding similar I
guess to granulated lime. Slow on breaking down. I have not touched
green sand for about 30 years. Went with cover crops and chicken waste
composted rarely usually just topical and tilled in.

Bill

http://www.google.com/search?q=Marlton%20green%20sand

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade