Old 07-08-2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Roquette and Coriander

In article ,
JLMC wrote:
[color=blue][i]
Billy Rose;736867 Wrote:
In article ,
JLMC
wrote:

It sounds as if the rocket bolted on you because of hot weather. The
coriander (aka cilantro) and parsley always irritated me when I
bought
them from nurseries because they would set seed in the spring and die.

Best to germinate them now and you will have cilantro and parsley all
fall and winter long, if it doesn't freeze. As far as coriander, your
there. The seed of cilantro is coriander. Now al you have to do is
grind
it up. Bon appetit.

So, if I've correctly understood, you're saying I should harvest the
cilantro seeds now (grind some down for home use) and plant some of
them straight away for new plants for Autumn/Winter?

Can I do the same with the seed pods from the rocket?

Thanks for your help.

John

Eh, you probably want to let the coriander dry some before you go
grinding on it, but yeah. Definitely plant your cilantro/coriander now.
I've never over wintered lettuce so I'll leave that to someone more
qualified. Where be you, anywho?
--
FB - FFF

Billy