Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
MajorOz MajorOz is offline

Default The benefits of Papaya

On Aug 7, 10:38 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Billy Rose" wrote in message

In article . com,
jack wrote:

The benefits of Papaya
Papaya has the properties,which are not present in other fruits.It is
a rich source of Nutrients.
http://foodone.blogspot.com/2007/08/...ial-fruit.html

It's also a meat tenderizer.

....and a breath mint.

And suuuuuper delicious. When I was in Micronesia with the Peace
Corps, I had Papaya growing all around me, all year. I was almost
habituated. Lots of local lore about it, like increasing libido,
etc.
I had not had it before, other than the dried and sugared kind, and
looked for it when I got back. But, all I could find in the US was
Central American, and it is very different, and, to me, not as good.
But it sure is good in a Papaya Boat: a half with the scooped out
portion filled with ice cream.

cheers

oz, wishing I could grow lots of what I had out there.