Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cliff & Sue Drake Cliff & Sue Drake is offline

Default Sticky pots today

"mleblanca" wrote:
Oh my that IS dangerous. Have you gotten any Euphorbs from John at Canyon
Creek Nursery?

--No, I haven't been to Canyon Creek in a couple of years. Got some
wonderful Salvias from him then, but have forgotten to check his web-site
for new stuff. Shame on me! I'll rectify that soon, especially if he's got
Euphorbias....

Yes, I just went out and cut about 12 inch stems, since that was what was
spilling over into the path. Put them in water. that was on Sat early, and
I looked at them this am; there are already 1/2 inch roots on them!

--Wow! And I thought rooting cuttings of Angelwing Begonias was instant
gratification! I'll take a couple of Blackie stems tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your help!

well how about today, rather strange for August, but _very_ pleasant. 85
here and a nice strong breeze.

--Yup, same wonderful weather up here the past couple of days -- my back
tells me I've been having *way* too much fun outside as a result! ;-] Got
some long-needed pruning done, and general garden cleanup while the coolth
lasts....

Are you a member of the garden club up there?

Yes, I've belonged to Paradise GC since 2001 -- and belonged to the Men's
for a couple of years. They've (Men's) decided to dis-affiliate with the
State and National GCs, and have reverted to more of a social men's club,
from what I understand. Too bad -- I loved their spring Plant Sale! I also
loved the lack of emphasis on Club Rules, by-laws and such -- but PGC is a
good club and I've learned a lot about gardening in this climate from the
programs and people I've met. I do the Club web page (which I need to
update for this month) == www.geocities.com/scpd730/PGCI == if you're
interested in seeing what we're up to. How about you? I have it in my head
that there are a couple of clubs down in your area, but I could be wrong.

Off to move the hose -- it's rose-watering day today!

Happy trails....

Sue