Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens,austin.gardening
Frank Frank is offline

Default Food Miles and eating locally...

George.com wrote:

as well as eating locally, eating seasonally makes a contribution. In autumn
I can get local apples & pears from an orchard I drive by for work. I winter
I can get mandarins from the store at the end of the road on my way home
from work. Mandarins are in season whereas apples & pears have finished.

rob

We used to stop at a local produce stand on the way back from the beach.
One day we bought a bag of garlic, got home and looked at it - you
guessed it - "Product of China".