Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default plum tree leaves and branches blackening..

Thanks Cliff,

I am on a similar latitude to you ! (in Worsley West Manchester)

Is there a website where I could maybe post a picture ?

I do have the curled leaves and blackened leaves, although I have tried to
cut out the infected areas to protect the fruit.

Thanks for your input - greatly appreciated.

Jim

"cliff_the_gardener" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello Jim
Without having seen the effect I cannot say catagorically - but aphids
produce honeydew, which falls overleaves and fruit and back sooty
moulds then grow on the sugary honeydew. The sootyness can be wiped
off the fruit, but looks disfiguring. In a bad attack the leaves can
become so covered in soot that they fall early as the light does not
penetrate. Have a look for curled leaves and check the undersides.
If the branches are splitting - and oozing then that is a different
topic all together

Let me know

Where in th ecountry are you?

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000764-1, 07/08/2007
Tested on: 07/08/2007 21:41:33

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000764-1, 07/08/2007
Tested on: 07/08/2007 21:45:16