Old 08-08-2007, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Pic of Lonicera nitida 'pillar'

On 8/8/07 04:20, in article iEaui.42071$fJ5.14772@pd7urf1no, "graham"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 7/8/07 17:44, in article Bj1ui.38989$_d2.24187@pd7urf3no, "graham"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Here it is:
http://i19.tinypic.com/6biwv3d.jpg[/IMG]

Have just been down the lane and seen that my daughter's neighbour has a
lovely L.nitida hedge which is the plain dark green. I'd forgotten all
about it. It must be 12' long and 5' high, I should think.
--
Thanks Sacha. Nice to see a complete specimen as here is what I normally
see:

the pollen of an extinct species.
Graham

?? Where, how when?! ;-)
--

It's from the basal Oligocene or latest Eocene (around 33-34 million years
old) of the Mackenzie Delta in Arctic Canada. I also often find the pollen

What are you doing when you find them, Graham? Are you a fossil collector?
Presumably you then take your collections home and put them under a
microscope. What a fascinating sight.
I had to go and look these two up and saw that the start/finish is thought
to have coincided with the impact of a large extra-terrestrial body.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk