Old 08-08-2007, 03:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Online Gallery

Thanks Al for directing me to a site that is using many of my photos posted
on ABPO without permission or acknowledgment. Raises the question about
posting to the Internet either in usenet groups or picture sites such as
Flickr and the subsequent use of ones photos for profit.

I note that this site is also using many photos from various posters who
have marked them as copyright. Seems to make no difference. I am now
starting to question whether I will continue to post to usenet. I note that
Eric has stopped posting here.

John

"Al" wrote in message news:6Ljui.6507$vK2.554@trnddc03...
http://archive.xusenet.com/f/Usenet_...ids/index.html
almost 1000 pictures already archived....

I am not convinced, however, that all of the pictures in this "archive"
actually came from here.

I am sure there are other archives to be found.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Kye wrote:
How would people feel about an online gallery open to all abpo members
as a place to post and permanently preserve images???

I wouldn't post any pictures anymore.

K Barrett