Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

Yeah, there's a name for this sort of contract but I forget what it is. The
wholesaler 'eats' the plant. Nobody actually counts it as a 'sale' until
the customer can't return it for store credit... Makes you wonder about the
statistics that say orchids are the #2 flowering plant in terms of sales,
doesn't it? Apropos of nothing I understand all the stats saying internet
advertising is on the rise doesn't take into account all the people paid to
click on paid advertiser's links. It's all smoke and mirrors. Or as Twain
said, 'There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics.'

Keep yer head down.

K Barrett

"Manelli Family" wrote in message
I was at the local HD yesterday afternoon and asked if they were going to
mark down the orchids without blooms as they usually do. Well, no more
marking them down. They now say the venders will give them credit for the
dead and bloomed out plants. They didn't even mark down the 1/2 dead
flowers in the garden section.