Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Home Depot ...........

I think it's a consignment agreement. And there is some kind of electronic
system to keep track of how many plants are sold.

A new (enormous!) HD just opened minutes from us. The one we normally
frequented regularly marks down its out of bloom plants. We bought several
Vandas there about a year ago. We'll see about the new place. I've actually
had some luck with HD plants on occasion.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, there's a name for this sort of contract but I forget what it is.
The wholesaler 'eats' the plant. Nobody actually counts it as a 'sale'
until the customer can't return it for store credit... Makes you wonder
about the statistics that say orchids are the #2 flowering plant in terms
of sales, doesn't it? Apropos of nothing I understand all the stats
saying internet advertising is on the rise doesn't take into account all
the people paid to click on paid advertiser's links. It's all smoke and
mirrors. Or as Twain said, 'There are lies, there are damn lies and then
there are statistics.'

Keep yer head down.

K Barrett

"Manelli Family" wrote in message
I was at the local HD yesterday afternoon and asked if they were going to
mark down the orchids without blooms as they usually do. Well, no more
marking them down. They now say the venders will give them credit for the
dead and bloomed out plants. They didn't even mark down the 1/2 dead
flowers in the garden section.