Old 09-08-2007, 02:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_3_] Manelli Family[_3_] is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
I think it's a consignment agreement. And there is some kind of electronic
system to keep track of how many plants are sold.

A new (enormous!) HD just opened minutes from us. The one we normally
frequented regularly marks down its out of bloom plants. We bought several
Vandas there about a year ago. We'll see about the new place. I've
actually had some luck with HD plants on occasion.

You have to get them before they're almost dead from root rot or
desiccation. I've had great luck with orchids from Wally World, Lowe's and
HD. I examine them very carefully before they go into my shopping cart. I
also repot them as soon as possible because that moss they're shipped in
holds too much moisture.