Old 02-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Shepherd

Default Clearing brush

"Ken_B" ken5229"at"softhome.net wrote in message
That sounds like a good idea...I'll check into that. Any idea what to do
with 1,000 or so little stumps?

Ken

"burl" wrote in message
There's a great tool for this. It looks like a weed eater except instead

of
the string there's a saw blade. It'll chew through anything - well,

except
any steel posts that may be in there... But it's a really fun tool to

wield.

The times I've needed one of these I rented it and they were gas

powered.

By the way, I'd probably just rent a chipper at the same time and feed

the
pieces back through right away.

Thanks,
Burl

Safe and Natural Gardening
http://www.emerysgardenstore.com

"Ken_B" ken5229"at"softhome.net wrote in message
I bought a house which was vacant and the yard neglected for a number

of
years. There is heavy brush (once upon a time a hedge, maybe?) around

three
sides of the 1/2-acre lot. It has grown completely out of control into

jungle. I'd like to remove most of it, if not all, and start over. I

am
retired and on a low budge and can't afford a contractor to do it. Any
suggestions?

Photos at:

http://kenb2000.freeyellow.com/Brush/

Thanks - Ken

I didn't have a thousand, but had several small stumps that I dug out using
a grubbing hoe. Helped the weight problem too.

Shepherd