Old 09-08-2007, 05:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Removing small roots from lawn

"Jim" wrote in message

Because the grass sod coming in has 4 inches of dirt with it, and I
can't
dig out 4" of dirt with the roots there. Do you understand how to
transplant healthy grass?

how long could a sod Farm continue as a sod Farm if
they actually delivered sod with 4" of dirt attached?

I'm not a sod farm and I don't have to follow their rules. The more dirt
you transplant with the healthy grass the better, especially since the
soil
is better than the soil it's replacing. Obviously they don't do it that
way
with sod farms. If you'd been paying attention, you'd understand the
difference between what I'm trying to do and what a sod farm does. Use
your
head.

your word selection of "Because the grass sod coming in"
implies you are receiving a shipment of sod.

No, it doesn't. Nice try, but you're clueless too.