Old 09-08-2007, 07:01 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
a_plutonium a_plutonium is offline

Default test with grasshoppers on nettle was Urtica dioica (stinging nettle) the plant that evolution created as a reaction to humanity?

a_plutonium wrote:

I am going to test to see if goats eat stinging-nettle, which I would
guess they easily would.

Goats eat stinging nettle like a teenager eats big macs from
McDonalds.
And my little finger is still "smarting" 9 hours later, from where
the nettle stung me
while feeding the goats.

I tried feeding sheep the same nettle and they refused.

I am going to see if goats eat "curly dock". If they do, I am going to
be forced to
find out what goats do not eat. Perhaps no plant is safe from goats.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium