Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default dog days of August ponding

Sorry to hear the Rosie is ailing. Hope she is soon back to barking
at the squirrels.

We think our pest is gone. Ralph patched a hole dug by the groundhog
under our steps. He was sure that he had chased the critter away
before he placed all the large pavers under the steps. A few days
later, there was an unmistakable smell coming from under the porch.
Since we were unable to get underneath the porch, we lived with the
odor. It didn't last long, but it sure was strong while it lasted. I
would not suggest anyone try this method!
Bonnie
NJ