Old 09-08-2007, 05:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default August water clarity

On the contrary, the hyacinths seem to be thriving.
We throw out a dozen or more a week.
Jim

I'm giving up on hyacinth till the goldfish start reproducing. I seem to
have great skill at it dying off. I have a little one in a small pot with
mud doing okay, one in the stock tank & lily pond hanging on. The rest have
a lot of brown on them, and I've started tossing those. :-( Apparently it
takes 27 koi in 1500 gallons to grow giant WH, don't want to go there
again.

And funny thing. I had duck weed in my pre-filter, and it has been
disappearing. There are no fish in my pre-filter. I can only assume not
enough nutrients for it either. Ah-mazing.

Cannas, lilies, etc. all growing and blooming great. Lotus doing the best
ever. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us