Old 09-08-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Bottom drain revisited

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:27:52 CST, "Bill Stock" wrote:

1) Put a knive valve below ground somewhere near the pond. This is probably
the best idea, but servicing could be a PITA.

2) Put an insulated box around the gate valve inside the filter room.

3) Wrap one of those electric heaters around pipe inside the filter room.

4) Put a better door on the filter room. Probably not cost effective.

Any thoughts on the least trouble free solution?

I see trouble free as being inside the filter room.... but, that leads me
to a question. I always hear things about valve eventual failure.... Does
this mean leaking, as all over the basement floor, or just the opening and
closing thereof? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us