Old 09-08-2007, 04:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

No local society? Join the club, buy raffle tickets, see if you win any? I
usuallly do the 'Show and Tell' table at my society and I can't tell you how
many blooming orchids I hold up and discuss that were raffle table plants.
There's a wide variety of stuff there, too. The speaker usually provides a
raffle table of the orchids they speak about, so you get a chance at a bunch
of neat stuff. So the financial outlay would be the club's dues (~$20), and
the cost of raffle tickets (~$1 ea). Average that over a year, see if you
come out ahead waiting for Wally World or going to a club.

Just a thought.

K Barrett

"Manelli Family" wrote in message

"Mark_OK" wrote in message
et...
It looks like my local Lowes is getting out of the orchid business
entirely - they put all the orchid related stuff in the bargain bin and
haven't had an orchid for awhile.

I hope the Lowe's and HDs don't do that here because it's my only access
to orchids. Buying online + shipping charges is a little much for retired
people. Wally World only has them once or twice a year.