Old 09-08-2007, 07:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

On Aug 9, 1:03 pm, "Manelli Family" wrote:

There is an orchid society in a city about 30 miles from here. I know
little about it but can surely find out more. All I heard was that the
folks were all quite wealthy, not the blue jeans and T-shirt type, and
thought nothing of paying $200 for a plant. She felt very uncomfortable and
never went back.

yeah, my little local thing is blue jeans and t shirts (although i
think i'm probably the only one so casual as to have plants in
starbuck's cups), and we've picked up a few refugees from the local
big formal society who were feeling overly-- formalized.

we've already done one plant swap and i suspect there will be more;
despite going there with the intent to get *rid* of plants, i somehow
ended up with two free keiki's from another member's big plants. -
sigh-

--j_a