Old 10-08-2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Travis Travis is offline

Default The case for making an informed choice

echinosum wrote:
Winsford;736648 Wrote:
Bamboo is a grass and it grows like one. Spread is infinite.I have plenty of ornamental grasses that stay put in a clump, including

some which are bamboos (Fargesia, Thamnocalamus spp.)

Otherwise, I agree with your sentiment that bamboo sellers ought to be
candid about the spreading prospects of what they are selling. But I
don't believe there is any reality of it happening, and I probably
don't want to live in the type of country which would legislate for it.
The reality is that sellers can sell (most) things even in complete
ignorance of what they are selling, and even if they do are under no
obligation to make disclosure. Even some of the most respected bamboo
sellers describe Phyllostachys as "clumping" unless it is a totally
rampant one. As in everything else, it is caveat emptor.

Do those "most respected bamboo sellers" have names?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington