Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Brown leaves causing trouble?

In article .com,
JayDee wrote:

I was recently told that when leaves begin turning brown on the edges,
the leaf actually draws more water than if the brown dead parts are
trimmed off. That didn't make much sense to me since the brown parts
are, well, dead but am I missing something?

Thanks,

-jd

I am going to add to your excellent post because I do not know either.
My addition to the post --

If the leaves are brown at the edges, how do I know if it is a
fungus starting on the leaves or just over watering?

Can over watering cause the entire leaf to turn brown?

I have also trimmed off the brown leaves also, still the some of my
plants have continued to turn brown and die. I have also used those
stick in the ground water dryness testers to know avail.

From some garden books I have read, it is a good thing to place
marigolds around the edge of ones garden. Applying too much water my
marigolds look awful and my tomatoes look great. Less water marigolds
look good and tomatoes seem to suffer - I cannot seem to win

My sincere apology to the original poster if I wrecked your thread.
Please answer the original posters questions first.

Enjoy Life ....... Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.