Old 10-08-2007, 10:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Weeping Willow - Salix

Kay Dolan wrote in
:

I'm new to the forum and not an expert gardener. Can anyone help explain
why a 10 year old weeping willow has died. It has been healthy and
undisturbed, but all this years new growth has died. The only
difference is this year I planted petunias around it? would that cause
a problem. We have not been flooded, nor have has it been too dry. Any
help would be appreciated though I fear too late for this tree but I
will be replacing it and would like to avoid facing the same problem.

Where are you located?
Where is the plant located on your property? Sun? Shade? Damp? Dry?
Where did you buy it?
Did it come in burlap wrapped root ball or planted in a pot?
Have you checked the bark around the base of the trunk for lawnmower/weed-
whacker damage?
Is there any green left on the tree?