Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Solar landscape lights

On Jul 26, 12:38?am, Billy Rose wrote:
In article ,

On 2007-07-24 02:21:16 -0400, "Walter R." said:

In my experience, solar garden lights last about 2 to 3 years, ma. The
photovoltaic cells deteriorate and the NICAD batteries can stand only so
many charges/discharges.

I removed them and installed 12 V Malibu lights, although I had a long run
to the transformer. They actually provide enough light to see by and their
price compares with the solar lights. Be sure to use 7 or 12 Watt bulbs,
instead of 4 Watt.

Actually the batteries poop out first. Typically they are Nicads which
suck. Replace once a year and you're all set.

You takin' notes Sheldon?

Solar garden lamps cost very little, typically $15. Mine have been
working perfectly for more than four years now. Low voltage lamps are
fine too, but they do not lend themselves for setting any distance
from an AC electrical source. I'm guessing that you don't believe in
batterys because you're afflicted with CCBD (ChronicCheap *******
Disease), that all the remotes for your TVs are plug-ins, and you
start your automobile by rolling it down a hill. Are you taking
notes, Pinhead Billy.