Old 10-08-2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Heat/Swampcooler was Taxo troubles. Chaos ahead.

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 9, 4:18 pm, "K Barrett" wrote:
wrote in message

You don't have a swamp cooler? (Did I ever show pics of my swamp cooler
encrusted in CaCO3? I rebuilt it over 4th of July during our 100F+ days?
Now *that* was a feat.)

K Barrett

yes, i remember those scary pictures. !

i was just wondering if that was enough when the actual outside is 100
degrees.

(my useless little parasites are in the house with me, so they get the
benefit of the hellishly expensive Carrier unit. and a fan.)

--j_a

Yes its enough, or has been in my experience. In our 100F days it keeps the
GH at a little higher than ideal temps, about 86-7 or so at the bench
height, warmer the higher you go towards the roof, cooler at the floor. I
think the roof temp is 90. I don't have a gauge for the floor.... But teh
masdevallias perked up once I put them down there.

KBarrett