Old 10-08-2007, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Default Taxo troubles. Chaos ahead.

K Barrett wrote:
What I want to know is who made up these names? Who are these honorees? In
the past the person making the cross got the honor of the name. Mr. Ota got
to be Otaara becasue he put a Broughtonia on a Blc first. Who the heck is
Thwaits and why does he get to be a new name? Who is Peetse that he gets to
be the new Rhylc?

I was wondering if this was all some scheme to reward patrons of the
RHS, actually. I propose we give all nothogenera a number.
Thwaiteseara could be C00235-A2007. That is almost as easy to remember,
right? *grin*

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com