Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry
Don Staples Don Staples is offline

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

"Joe" wrote in message news:1mXui.2515$mw4.566@trndny09...
Don, how do you know that Keslick has such a meager education? Many
arborists in Mass. have a BS degree- or at the minimum a 2 year degree
from a reputable arborist school- such as one at U. Mass. Then, they have
to get a state license after taking a test.

I took the basic arborist course at U. Mass.- it was one of the best
courses I took there- we spent all our time walking the huge campus
looking at sick trees.

Joe

"D. Staples" wrote in message

"Treelady" wrote in message
oups.com...

I find Symplastless to have a good understanding of trees, theier
biology and appropriate care. To ignore him is to dismiss the
teachings of Alex Shigo- anyone claiming to understand or know about
trees without due regard for Shigo's work is one to be taken with a
pinch of salt.

The point you miss is it is Shigo's work, not Keslicks. A wannabe whose
education is a series of 2 and 3 day short courses. I wonder if he is
even a member of any national society of arborists.

Read his résumé.