Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.forestry
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

A healthy tree can have a thousand infections. As long as they are properly
compartmentalized the tree will do well.
I school could be teaching the right way to prune a tree but their trees
could have been flush cut and painted years ago. Its going to take some
time to get out of the flush cut wound dressing era. Just as thought as to
why trees might not be doing well and the school is teaching correctly.
Also when we studied tree biology and ASU the people who cared for trees on
campus seldom attended the workshops.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Joe" wrote in message news:Ji1vi.9$hK5.3@trndny02...
Most people have some illnesses, right? Same with trees.

"M. Fricker" wrote in message
"Joe" wrote:

I took the basic arborist course at U. Mass.- it was one of the best
courses
I took there- we spent all our time walking the huge campus looking at
sick
trees.

If it is such a good school, why do they have so many sick trees?