Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Deer fence?

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article om,
wrote:

Ok, I gave up on tomatoes this year because the deer ate them, but now
they are eating my squash plants. In the Winter they eat my pine trees.

We have tomatoes that look like small pine trees. Deer coupled with
ground hogs and we have the worse garden results in over 40 years.

My brother has been trapping the ground hogs which moved into our area
last year. A new neighbor says his dad is good with a crossbow. This
guy has moose and deer heads up on the wall.

The deer eat our phlox which I can live with but they are also grazing
our Japanese maples we been propagating for over 30 years

Bill

They got my "Hyperion" daylillies, trampled some gorgeous glads, impatiens
and browallia, nibbled the green beans (through the ****ing cage!), green
pepper leaves, tomato leaves, swiss chard etc etc. I'm putting up an 8 foot
mesh fence this weekend. I don't care how ugly it is. This is war.