Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_6_] Reel McKoi[_6_] is offline

Default Another Beclett Pumps craps out........ :(

"Tristan" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 10 Aug, 13:26, "Reel McKoi" wrote:
Another Beckett pump started shorting out and flipping the breaker.
What's
with these pumps? This one is epoxy filled and water still got in. What
else could it be? This the second one to do this. Suggestings anyone?

Beckett pumps is like playing the lottery. Some times you win other
and most times you loose. I never have had nay what I would call luck
with the brand either. Its hard to beat Danner Pond Masters / MAG
drives........If its still within its warranty period I would send it
back and also bring it to their attention that it happened to a
previous Beckett pump also.....

We found the recept but the pump was bought 4/06 - a little over a year ago.
My husband doesn't think they'd replace it.

but from what I hear Beckett is not too
very well interested in customer satisfaction. If you bought it at a
big box store like Lowes or Home Depot, I would carry it back to them
and often times they will exchange it for you on the spot. Another to
stay away form is the Little Giant unless you do your homework and buy
the better line of their pumps, as the ones sold in the big box
stores just do not cut it. But it seems Little Giant and Beckett both
have consumer grade that they push in the big box stores.

I had heard so many bad things about Little Giant leaking oil I've avoided
them like the plague.

I have a MAG 7 and a 9 running externally now for over 4 years all
trouble free. I have a mag12 running fully submerged for 5 years all
trouble free. I reserve the becketts and little giants I acquire to
use as emergency pumps or to pump out water features or do water
changes eith etc etc.Thats about all I have faith in them for being
used as.

This is good to know. Thanks. The new pumps I traded koi for this summer
are two Pond Masters and one *GASP* Beckett. I just replaced the leaker
with a Pondmaster. I always keep spare pumps on hand.

AZPonds.com has fairly cheap prices on pumps, and if your lucky you
can also find good prices on the Danner Pond MAster pumps in Petsmart
as they have placed them on slae quite a few times here in thjis
region and the prices were good.

I do stop there once in awhile. I'll check out their small pond section.
Their store here doesn't carry much pond supplies anymore.

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.