Old 10-08-2007, 08:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Safety advice for tractor mowers.

Some post about tool safety in another group reminded me of a grim
incident that happened a few years ago, which gave me chills and made a
lasting impression on me. It is more appropriate to this group, so I'll
write it here even though it still gives me chills just to write it.
A few years ago, I read about an accident involving a grandpa on a
tractor mower and his little granddaughter following close behind with a
plastic toy push mower. I won't go into the grim details, but had it be
me, I think I would have put a gun in my mouth. But for anyone using a
tractor mower while having toddlers around, or just grandkids visiting,
pick up a cheap set of rear view mirrors and mount them on the tractor.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY