Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jack hill jack hill is offline

Default Ragwort Yet Again

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:07:46 -0700, "
wrote:

Every year we get some people here who fall victim to the false
stories that are being put around about ragwort. It has just happened
again. I am copying in the text of an old posting to explain it.

DONT PULL IT UP WHERE EVER YOU SEE IT. That is likely to be AGAINST
THE LAW!

You can't usually get an enforcement order on road verges because they
are not usually agricultural land . There is no need to control it
there because it isn't usually a risk at all..

I saw what I assume were local authority or Highways Agency staff
spraying big clumps of it today in two different locations - so it
looks like the problem is being addressed - not before time.