Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
San Diego Joe San Diego Joe is offline

Default Squirrels & nets

"~ jan" wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:07:37 CST, San Diego Joe wrote:

Never had a squirrel in one, but I have extracted gopher snakes on three
separate occasions.

San Diego Joe

I bet that was a mess. (Imaging how a snake could get really tangled up.)
~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Yeah, it sure was. It could only go forward, it's scales prevented it from
reversing. It was literally "ballooning" through each square of netting.

There is a much longer story to one of the snakes, and I wish I had gone and
gotten my camera. My wife would probably have killed me though, if I had
left her holding the snake for that long.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.