Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat Sandra Bodycoat is offline

Default Pruning of weeping mulberry

I just want the tree to grow, get thick & look more healthy, I have been
assured that it will with time. (impatient)
cheers
Sandra
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I have a weeping mulberry that will have been in the ground 2yrs this
December, does it need to be trimmed to promote more growth or do I just
leave it & wait?
cheers
Sandra

I don't have weeping mulberrys but standard mulberrys would not need
pruning
after 2 years unless getting very tall and spindly, even then only the
tops
of the leader(s) need to be shortened. It also depends on if you want a
bush or a tree, they can be trained to either.

David