Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default International Garden Festival

On Aug 11, 10:02 am, paddyenglishman
wrote:
On Aug 9, 2:51 pm, aquachimp
wrote:

Anyone visited the curiously named "International Garden Festival"
near Portlaoise, Ireland

If you go let us know if its any good. precious few garden shows i
get to hear about over here. mallow was ok

Well, for a starters, here's the link;
http://www.internationalgardenfestival.com/home.html

The day I went was miserable (weather wise).
I thought it would be along the lines of something I saw elsewhere
once, which took a whole day to get around.
Admiteddly, to stroll around the general properties of the site
concerned would probably take that long, but the err... "festival"
site itself... an hour is more than enough.

It costs 13 euro (adult price) to get in.
So, you'll be wondering if that's worth it.
Excluding the opportunity to explore a vast parkland ordinarily (I
think) no open to the public, I'd say the garden festival bit is not
worth looking at, let alone pay to get into.

One woman passed us and simply uttered the exclaimation "Dreadful!"
I can't disagree with her, though found that a bit strong. Yes, there
was evidence of lack of care of the exhibits (weeds, rubbish, poor
grass cutting ... if any)

oops, gotta go, will gaet back later (I hope0