Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
James James is offline

Default Sprinkler System

The second method would be my choice. About five years ago, when I had to
replace a sprinkler head for one reason or another, I used the funny pipe
(about a 15-18 inch section) and it makes it MUCH easier to relocate the
head up or down, OR to replace that same head in the future.

You don't need to use an elbow out of the supply pipe. Instead, I use
them at the bottom of the sprinkler head. Mowing is no problem, as there
is nothing for the mower to cut off, if the head is planted at the root
zone. Again, the elbow is at the bottom of the head.

I hope this helps !!

James