Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Snakes and Bird Netting

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

A friend of mine had to do the same task at the orchard where he worked.
The snake got him a good one and so off he went to hospital to get the
antivenine (sp?). As we have a number of highly dangerous snakes and the
serum is specific to the type the doctor was keen to know what sort struck
him. Friend said 'red-bellied black snake' the doctor said 'are you
sure?'
friend said that he was sure but the doctor was welcome to double check,
the
snake was in a bag in his car. The doctor took his word for it and gave
hime the shot.

Good heavens! I hope he has the sense to stay away from Tigers or Browns!
I wouldn't tangle with a red bellied black either for that matter!