Old 11-08-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dusty Dusty is offline

Default Home Depot ...........

"Manelli Family" wrote in
:

I was at the local HD yesterday afternoon and asked if they were going
to mark down the orchids without blooms as they usually do. Well, no
more marking them down. They now say the venders will give them credit
for the dead and bloomed out plants. They didn't even mark down the
1/2 dead flowers in the garden section.

Yes, they have told me the very same thing here in STL. BUUUT! I caught
up with one of the venders bringing orchids in and GUESS WHAT? Once the
vender scans the plants into Home Depot's system it belongs to Home
Depot, no rebates, no credits no nothing back if the plant dies.
Management at Home Depot is so paranoid that they believe if they
discount the plants and they die people will bring them back for a full
refund. So the plants go into the trash. That's why I take all my money
to LOWES where they discount their orchids and a lot of other things.

Grow well and bloom magnificently