Old 11-08-2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Travis Travis is offline

Default The case for making an informed choice

hollenback wrote:
"DG" wrote in message
Travis wrote:
Do those "most respected bamboo sellers" have names?

I've used three and all did a good job.

This one I've mail ordered:
http://www.bamboodirect.com

This one I've mail ordered and bought the
http://www.bamboosourcery.com

Bought a few retail from:
http://www.booshootgardens.com/index.cfm

DG,
I think Travis was referring to the statement from echnosum
Even some of the most respected bamboo
sellers describe Phyllostachys as "clumping" unless it is a totally
rampant one.

I did not see anything on those websites that said Phyllostachys was a
clumper.

The only person outside of Europe that I have seen described a Phyllostachys
as
a clumper was Cisco Morris on his television show. He planted a P. aurea and
said it was a clumper then gave a warning that all clumpers will run after
about
4 years.

Bill

ooh la la la