Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default Ragwort Yet Again

Hi..

It fails to point out that is a significant issue only for
ragwort growing in hay fields, when the hay is cut,
ragwort and all;

Jein..! ;-) "Jein" is German and has - context based - two
different meanings ("yes and no" | "neither yes nor no").

Well it is said sheeps, goats, cows and horses with outdoors
experience might even sort ragwort out if they would be fed
with handcut and bundled hay but unfortunately compressed
hay seem to be very popular..

It ALSO fails to point out that, as with thistles
and many such obtrusive and persistent weeds of grassland,
it is the increased use of land for grazing horses alone
that is a major cause of the problem.

Hmm.., at the moment I'm not able to detect any correlation
or cause and effect.. Thanks..

I remember precisely the same being said about yew 40
years ago as is said about ragwort today - and, then as
now, it was the horsey people who were being most
irrational and hysterical.

And this is why we're human beeings but no cyborgs..! :-)
--
cu
Marco