Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Marco Schwarz Marco Schwarz is offline

Default Ragwort Yet Again

Hi..

Isn't that a "ja", or even a "jahwohl"?

*Sigh* when I read your response I focussed the "increased
use" thing..

Would you eventually accept an "Absolutely!"..? :-)

How DO they
produce hay in Germany other than by growing it in
hayfields and cutting it?

Same here but e have small farms and the farmers seem to
remove poison plants like ragwort or henbane in advance..

| Hmm.., at the moment I'm not able to detect any
| correlation or cause and effect.. Thanks..
It's a well-known fact, to farmers, and has been for
centuries. Because of the way that horses (and sheep) eat,
they will eat round even quite small distasteful plants,
thus allowing them to grow to
maturity. Cattle, on the other hand, eat differently and
will crop the seedlings of such plants, so have a tendency
to eliminate the weeds.

Agreed.., was blended by the "increased use" thing, too..

Once they are established, you need to mow them before
cattle will eat them again.

--
cu
Marco