Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default 'shrooms - Texture-03.jpg (1/1)

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
Just out from my door to my backyard I have a large garden bed which I
had mulched heavily with "green" wood and bark chips. After a couple of
months of drought, we had a week of rain in autumn producing an
abundance of fungi in the areas I had mulched. I don't know anything
more about this fungus. Sorry if the pic is too large.

--
dee

It looks a bit like honey fungus to me.

Some people get hysterical at the mention of it but it's not necessary, it
comes sometimes in my garden but not often. It's particularly keen on
cut-down trees or shrubs.

It can be eaten, some like it. I haven't tried it.

Mary