Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Jampton Hugh Jampton is offline

Default Allen shredder & similar users help

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 23:15:34 GMT, WaltA wrote:

and I have removed the steel + flexi baffle partway down the chute in
front of the throat,

My baffle broke away by itself. I've no intention of replacing it.

On the grounds that it will not prevent anyone stupid enough to put
his arm all the way in anyway, and it caused a minor restriction when
dealing with a tangle of brambles !

I'm the only one using my Allen - if anyone else used it I might just think
of replacing guards :-) SWMBO produces *lots* of stuff to be shredded but
she doesn't use the Allen - ever since she tried it for the first time
about 15 years ago - no way :-)

BTW My Allen is *very* noisy (5 HP B&S engine) - is yours ? I need ear
protection when I use it. I feel very guilty when I start it up and it
upsets the neighbours - we have lovely neighbours and I felt very bad
yeasterday starting up my Allen half way through their birthday party for
their beautiful 11 year old daughter - a 12 hour party with constant BOOM
BOOM music. I really do feel so guilty ;-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton