Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WaltA WaltA is offline

Default Allen shredder & similar users help

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:02:38 +0100, Hugh Jampton wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 23:15:34 GMT, WaltA wrote:
and I have removed the steel + flexi baffle partway down the chute in
front of the throat,

My baffle broke away by itself.

Yer onner, g%ds truff

I've no intention of replacing it.

Quite right, elfinsfateegornmad, where are they when u need em in the
middle of a few acres of rampant undergrowth
Wimping on about ragwort I'll be bound !

ever since she tried it for the first time
about 15 years ago - no way :-)

Oh gorn,. do tell ;-)

BTW My Allen is *very* noisy (5 HP B&S engine) - is yours ?I need ear
protection when I use it.

No not at all, very comfortable without

I feel very guilty when I start it up and it
upsets the neighbours - we have lovely neighbours and I felt very bad
yeasterday starting up my Allen half way through their birthday party for
their beautiful 11 year old daughter - a 12 hour party with constant BOOM
BOOM music. I really do feel so guilty ;-)

Ah ha! Oh I see, you had me there !!, for a mo

Do you remeber in ,,, ohh tit mustav been in t' 60s, a craze for
woofers encased in concrete,
with a shelter over the top concrete is very outdoor friendly for
deliverin a goodly bit of Beethoven ;-)