Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.nature
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Dodder - 2 pictures

In message , Omelet
writes

Does Dodder make a hardy ground cover?

Dodder is parasitic - a vampire menace that sucks the sap of other
plants instead of photosynthesising for itself. Here in the UK we
regard it as a curiosity: I've seen it growing wild on low heath and not
doing its hosts much harm, I've never seen it on ornamentals.

It covers other perennials rather than the ground, and it wouldn't cover
anything very well because it has no chlorophyll so it lets the light
through.

--
Sue ]