Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED - overflowed garden pond

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:09:59 CST, Mr M
wrote:

No it was too late in the evening yesterday, shops were all closed. I
picked up some dechlor first thing this morning and introduced it but
of the remaining fish, one more had already died, two appeared to be ok
but were still at the surface glugging for air and the last was on the
shelf near the surface but lying on its side and glugging. I think its
only a matter of time for this one unfortunately and he was the largest
fish we had. Hoefully, the other two will be ok.

Suffice to say, I will never again forget that I have put the hose in
the pond to top it up but we had visitors that night who wanted to see
the fish, I noticed the pond wanted topping up when we were out in the
garden, I put the hose in and shortly after came indoors. The rest is
history as they say

The best you can do for the rest is aeration, as they're gills have been
damaged. They need as much dissolved oxygen put into the water as possible.
Always good to get a timer to put on the faucet. Or set a kitchen timer.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us