Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default A new garden.

On 8/12/07 12:25 PM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Well, yesterday I finally filled in the hole left by that big Miscanthus
that I had DS remove for me.

You got a miscanthus out of the ground? A big one? I couldn't even
budge mine. Fortunately move of it died during the winter three years
back and I took advantage of it - killed the rest and have a lovely
yellow baptisia there in its place (easier to see around at the end of
the driveway)

It was huge - 3 pieces, about 8-10 diameter pieces are in new spots in my
gardens, 2 pieces, about 6 inch diameter, have gone to friends and numerous
smaller pieces have headed to more distant friends.

It took DS about 5-6 hours to divide it and hack it out.