Old 12-08-2007, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
tenplay tenplay is offline

Default How to make lawn greener?

We are planning on putting our house on the market in 3-4 weeks. The
large lawn needs some work to improve its looks. The front lawn is
thick and free of weeds. But even with frequent watering, it is looking
brownish-yellow in a few areas. Maybe it needs some fertilizer. If so,
what kind would be best?

Our back lawn is green enough. But in areas that we replanted grass a
couple of months ago, a lot of weeds (look like small dandelions) have
appeared. Is there some type of treatment that would take care of the
weeds quickly?

We live in Western Washington near Olympia. The weather has been very
mild with highs in the mid-70s and lows in the mid-50's, partially
cloudy with only occasional showers. Thanks for any advice.