Old 13-08-2007, 02:54 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default tap vs. filtered water, and how often?

On Aug 12, 2:29?pm, Persephone wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:59:34 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

[...]

Most municipal water supplies fresh from the tap are pretty heavy on
chlorine... you may want to consider filling a large container and
letting it sit a few days for the chlorine to evaporate, then use that
water for your plants.

thanks to whichever poster offered this golden hint!

That would be moi. I don't keep house plants anymore because now I
have cats but I used to have a houseful of potted plants. I learned
this trick of aging water from my days of raising tropical fish, in
fact I was the one who brought the very first batch of fancy veil tail
guppies into the US from Germany (1953).