Old 13-08-2007, 07:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Lemon tree is succeeding

My brother, who was blessed with lemon trees on his property as he bought
it. He gave me a a sack full of lemons last year. I tried 6 seeds. 5 have
failed at one point or another in same planter. Transplanted remaining 1 in
a larger container. Its taken off finally. About a foot tall with leaves
abound. Its in a typical planter pot about a foot tall pot. Have another
planter pot twice the height and width.

My intentions are get it to grow until its around 4 foot before
transplanting to the front yard. Read someplace last year, lemon trees are
good for 2 transplants. I want more height so dogs don't bother it. Should
I transplant ot the next larger planter pot, OR, transplant to where I want
it to be in the yard next time?
Dave